Crunchy cookies lightly sweetened with honey. You can add whatever you want to suit your taste. Favourites: matcha, cocoa, coffee and pomegranate jam.
Time: 20min or less
Portions: 32 5cm diameter cookies
- 1 Food Scale
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Knife / Spatula
- Cling Wrap
- 1 Bowl / Cup with a flat bottom
- 1 Baking Tray
- 120g Flour
- 60g Honey
- 40g Margarine
- 3-4ml Vanilla Extract
- Cream margarine honey and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Add flour and mix until a stiff dough forms (the dough should come off the bowl cleanly in one big lump).
- Shape the dough into a log and wrap with cling wrap.
- Place the dough in the freezer and chill for ~5 min.
- Pull the dough out of the freezer and cut into 32 equal pieces.
- Flatten each piece to approximately 0.5cm thick with a flat surface.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place cookies in a baking tray and bake for 10-12min or until the edges turn light golden.
*NOTE* These cookies have no expanding feature. They turn out just fine even if they cook touching each other.
*NOTE2* Any cookies thicker than 0.75cm results in a rock. Trust me do not try it. It will be a pain to finish even if they are edible.
That’s it! Happy eating! ^.^